Welcome to AOLC, the English Online Learning Centre connecting with the world to teach, support and inspire the learners of tomorrow. This agreement represents the entire contract between you and AOLC (aolc.eu) – (ACCESS Online Learning Centre) with respect to the above-mentioned site and the fee-based subscription services therein. By visiting, becoming a customer of, purchasing a subscription from, or subscribing to AOLC (aolc.eu), you agree, without qualification, to be bound by the terms and conditions of use set out below.
1. Acceptance of the Terms
By using the features, information, tools, and functionality located on aolc.eu (together the “Service” or the “Services”), you agree to be bound by this Agreement and the Terms, whether you are a “Visitor” (which means you simply browse the AOLC website) or you are a “Customer” (which means you have registered with AOLC). The term “you” or “User” refers to a Visitor or a Customer. The term “we” refers to AOLC. The term “Material” refers to all class materials used in our classes. If you wish to become a Customer, communicate with other Customers and/or make use of the Service, you must read this Agreement and indicate your acceptance during the registration process.
If you do not agree with all the Terms, do not use the Site.
Please review all the Terms carefully before using the Site.
By using the Site, you agree to be bound by the Terms and confirm that you are over the age of 13 and able to form legally binding contracts.
Before you continue, you should print or save a local copy of this Agreement for your records.
2. Changes to these Terms
AOLC has the right to modify this Agreement and any policies affecting or pertaining to the Site. Your continued use of the Site following notice of the Agreement modification will be considered an acceptance of the modified terms and conditions of use. Furthermore, AOLC reserves the right to suspend, modify or discontinue the Site at any time.
3. Provision of the Services
From time to time and without prior notice to you, we may improve, expand and change the Site and Services. We may also, at any time, cease to continue operating part or all the Services or selectively disable certain aspects of the Services or portions of the Site. Any modification or elimination of the Services will be done in our sole and absolute discretion and without an ongoing obligation or liability to you, and your use of the Site and Services do not entitle you to the continued provision or availability of the Site and Services.
4. Your Rights
AOLC offers you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, limited right to access, use and display the content of this Site, provided you comply with this Agreement and the Terms as set out in full. The materials of this Site are provided to you only for your private, non-commercial use. Certain services of this Site are available only to registered customers of AOLC.
By electing to purchase a subscription of AOLC, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below in section 10 in the AOLC billing policy.
5. Use of the Service
Your right to access and use aolc.eu and the Service is personal to you and is not transferable by you to any other person or entity. You are only entitled to access and use AOLC for lawful purposes.
You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your AOLC account, username and password. You agree to notify AOLC of any unauthorized use of your AOLC Account. For the Service to function effectively, you must also keep your registration information up to date and accurate. If you do not do this, the accuracy and effectiveness of the Service to you will be affected.
In our sole and absolute discretion, we may terminate your Account, or modify, reclaim or remove any username associated with your Account, for any reason (including for reasons related to unlawful or unauthorized usage) and we are under no obligation to retain a record of your Account or any data or information that you may have stored by means of the Account and/or the Services.
Your access and use of aolc.eu may be interrupted from time to time for any of several reasons, including, without limitation, the malfunction of equipment, periodic updating, maintenance or repair of aolc.eu or other actions AOLC, in its sole discretion, may elect to take. AOLC is not responsible for any loss resulting from your using any of the services, software, materials, audio or video files, content, or communications.
6. Intellectual Property Rights
All materials of AOLC, including content, text, images, software, audio and video files, documentation, email and the Site remain at all time the sole property of AOLC or its suppliers. Such aforementioned materials are protected under international copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws. You may not post, distribute, sublicense, translate or reproduce in any way any copyrighted materials, trademarks or other proprietary information without the prior express written consent of AOLC.
7. Access and Interference
You agree that you will not:
- Use any robot, spider, scraper, deep link or other similar automated data gathering or extraction tools, program, algorithm or methodology to access, acquire, copy or monitor aolc.eu or any portion of aolc.eu, without AOLC’s express written consent, which may be withheld in AOLC’s sole discretion;
- Use or attempt to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search aolc.eu, other than the search engines and search agents available through the Service and other than generally available third-party web browsers (such as Microsoft Explorer);
- Post or transmit any file which contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or any other contaminating or destructive features, or that otherwise interfere with the proper working of aolc.eu or the Service;
- Attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of aolc.eu or the Service. Please be aware that your carrier’s normal rates and fees, such as text messaging fees, will apply when accessing aolc.eu with your portable devices.
- Record, Stream or Broadcast any lesson, free trial tutorial or training session you take part in without prior consent from AOLC.
As indicated in the Terms, our Site is not designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifying information from anyone under the age of 13 unless we first obtain permission from that child’s parent or legal guardian.
9. Forums, chats, online meeting platforms, message boards, and email conduct
AOLC provides users with the ability to post messages, use chat rooms, to find and access learning resources for use in their online courses and communicate in web conferences in a virtual online classroom. You are solely responsible for the content of these messages as set out in this Agreement. In addition, by using these services, you agree to not publish, contribute or post any material that:
- Contains content that is not original or for which you have not received the prior express written consent of the originator of said material.
- Contains objectionable language or is in any way profane, pornographic, sexually explicit, slanderous or libelous.
- Attempts to contact a fellow user of AOLC without explicit solicitation by that user.
- Violates any viable rules, laws or regulations, or infringes on any rights of any third party.
- Contains viruses or any other code designed to interrupt, destroy or incapacitate the functionality of any software, hardware or telecommunications.
- Is considered “spamming,” such as chain letters, junk mail, or other solicitations.
- Attempts to impersonate another person or breach the security of AOLC and its users.
- The opinions and messages posted by users at AOLC do not reflect and are not representative of the views of AOLC or its employees, affiliates, suppliers or partners. AOLC is not responsible for the content of messages sent by users to other users they have located through AOLC’s online platforms.
10. Fees and payments
Certain materials and functionalities of the Site are available only through the purchase of an online language class package. Pursuant to this Agreement you are responsible for any charges associated with connecting to the Site. AOLC reserves the right to change the Package fees in effect or institute new fees at any time, upon reasonable notice posted on the site and emailed to current customers.
By purchasing a Package, you agree to be bound to the following terms:
AOLC fees are exclusive of any applicable VAT or taxes, interest or installment fees charged by the credit card company, or other fees associated with connecting to the Internet.
AOLC guarantees that every credit card transaction you make at aolc.eu is 100% secure. If at any time you wish to check on the status of your subscription, please login and visit the your “Account” page in your Login area.
Your language course contains teacher-led classes. Group classes and private classes are delivered on a “class credit basis”, giving you access to the stated amount of group classes and private classes that your language course offers. You can always find current prices of language courses posted in the checkout pages and occasionally in other pages of our website. The exact contents of your language courses are clearly set forth and accessible at all times in the logged-in section of the Site under “Account”.
All language course fees are non-refundable after your purchase.
You have read the technical requirements and have the recommended specifications. We cannot be held responsible if you do not meet the technical requirements.
During the first week of your course you will receive a complimentary lesson to help you learn the use of the online teaching platform.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless AOLC and its affiliates, partners, suppliers, and employees from all liability, claims, costs, or damages arising from your use of the Site or your breach of this Agreement and any of the Terms set out herein.
If any portion of this Agreement is deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable by any arbitrator or court of competent jurisdiction, this Agreement as a whole shall not be deemed unlawful, void or unenforceable, but only that portion of this Agreement that is unlawful, void or unenforceable shall be stricken from this Agreement.
You agree that if AOLC does not exercise or enforce any legal right or remedy which is contained in the Agreement (or which AOLC has the benefit of under any applicable law), this will not be taken to be a formal waiver of AOLC’ rights and that those rights or remedies will still be available to AOLC.
All covenants, agreements, representations and warranties made in this Agreement shall survive your acceptance of this Agreement and the termination of this Agreement.
This Agreement represents the entire understanding and agreement between you and AOLC regarding the subject matter of the same and supersedes all other previous agreements.
If you have any questions about this policy statement, or about any of AOLC’s other policies and practices, please contact us on the contact details laid out on aolc.eu.